All organisations that collect personal or sensitive data must do so in compliance with the Australian Privacy Principles which came into effect March 12 2014. This includes your consent for www.lovethestyle.com.au use of your personal details to process and fulfil your order as well as service your account.
Our Privacy Commitment
We are committed to managing your personal information openly and transparently and to keeping your personal information safe.
We will take all necessary measures to fulfil this commitment, including to:
- comply with the Australian Privacy Principles ("APPs");
- ensure that we manage your personal information openly and transparently;
- only collect personal information from you that we need in order to offer you the best possible service and customer experience;
- tell you how we might use your personal information;
- let you know if we need to disclose your personal information to anyone else (including anyone overseas) and if so, in what circumstances this might occur;
- keep your personal information secure;
- promptly respond to any request by you not to receive direct marketing material from us;
- make sure your personal information is kept accurate and up to date and to properly dispose of any personal information which is no longer required by us; and
- ensure that, where appropriate, you can access and correct your personal information.
www.lovethestyle.com.au collects and holds personal information such as your name, postal address, delivery address, email address, telephone numbers and computer cookies. www.lovethestyle.com.au does not retain credit card or bank account details. These details are facilitated by Paypal and do not enter into our system.
www.lovethestyle.com.au collects and stores your personal information whenever:
- you register an account with us;
- you subscribe to our newsletter
- you visit or place an order to purchase a product on www.lovethestyle.com.au; or
- you send us an email.
Your personal information is stored and secured using our third party data storage provider.
www.lovethestyle.com.au collects, holds, uses and discloses your personal information for the primary purpose of:
- processing your order for products;
- ensuring that your products are properly delivered to you;
- properly managing and fulfilling product returns or refunds;
- receiving and resolving complaints;
- allowing third party service providers to manage the services provided to you;
- mailing and delivery systems for products you have purchased;
- maintenance and repair services;
- market research;
- marketing activities conducted by www.lovethestyle.com.au ; and
- our professional advisers, accountants, lawyers, auditors.
We may also use your personal information for the secondary purpose of sending you offers to purchase further products.
This website uses "cookies" to help you personalise your online experience. A cookie is a text file or a packet of information that is placed on your hard disk by a web page server to identify and interact more effectively with your computer. There are two types of cookies that may be used at the lovethestyle.com.au website: a persistent cookie and a session cookie. A persistent cookie gets entered by your web browser into the "Cookies" folder on your computer and remains in this "Cookies" folder after you close your browser. Persistent cookies may be used by your browser on subsequent visits to the site. A session cookie is held temporarily in your computer's memory and disappears after you close your browser or shut down your computer. Cookies cannot be used to run programs. Cookies are uniquely assigned to you, and can only be read by a web server in the domain that issued the cookie to you. One of the primary purposes of cookies is to provide a convenience feature to save you time.
The purpose of a cookie is to tell the web server that you have returned to a specific pageYou can configure your internet browser (such as Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, or Safari) to accept all cookies, reject all cookies or notify you when a cookie is sent. Please refer to your internet browsers instructions to learn more about these functions. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies, if you prefer. If you choose to decline cookies, you may not be able to fully experience the interactive features of the www.lovethestyle.com.au services or websites you visit.
www.lovethestyle.com.au currently uses one web measurement service provider. This is Google Analytics.
How to Opt Out or Disable Cookies
Cookies used by www.lovethestyle.com.au are enabled by default because of their integration into the website. If you do not wish to have cookies placed on your computer, you can disable them using your web browser. You will need to customise each web browser you use to turn off cookie tracking.
Google have also provided the "Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On" utility for the following web browsers:
- Microsoft Internet Explorer,
- Google Chrome,
- Mozilla Firefox,
- Apple Safari, and
If you want to prevent your browsing data from being collected by Google Analytics, please install the relevant add-on for your browser.
If you opt out of using cookies, you will still have access to all information and resources at www.lovethestyle.com.au
Customers can gain access to or seek the correction of the personal information thatwww.lovethestyle.com.au holds. www.lovethestyle.com.au customers have a right to make a reasonable request for access to their personal information and to request its correction. Requests to access or seek to correct your personal information can be made by email to the Privacy Officer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
When we receive such a request, we have the right to ask for and obtain your position title, telephone number and email address in order for you to access and correct personal information.
www.lovethestyle.com.au access to your information
www.lovethestyle.com.au staff that will have access to your personal information after it is collected will include:
- www.lovethestyle.com.au Administrative staff
- www.lovethestyle.com.au Warehouse personnel
www.lovethestyle.com.au staff authorised to access your personal information are trained in compliance with the Act and have access only to carry out the primary purpose See above).
The following third party recipients may have access to your personal information for the primary purposes noted above:
- Mailing and delivery system providers such as couriers and Australia Post.
- Email & newsletter service providers
- Independent reviewing platform providers
- Drop ship suppliers
- Marketing affiliates
- Maintenance and repair service providers
Social Media Websites and Applications
Some social media websites and applications may make personally identifiable information available to the public. Lovethestyle.com.au will not collect, maintain, use, or share any personally identifiable information that becomes available through the use of social media websites or applications.
Also we advise that personally identifiable information or other information you share via social media or applications may be accessible by non-government third parties.
We may need (or be required) to disclose your personal information to an overseas entity only to the extent to which such disclosure is required to enable us to carry out the primary purpose of processing, fulfilling or the post purchase support of your order. We do not record and therefore will never disclose any financial information such as credit card or bank account details to any overseas entity.
www.lovethestyle.com.au may transfer your personal information to an overseas recipient in circumstances where:
- The business service provider is located overseas
- We are required to comply with a foreign legal or regulatory request
- You have ordered a product provided directly by an International supplier - a Direct Import product.
This may mean that your information is stored on a server located outside of Australia. Any such disclosures will be to providers located in the USA and Asia Pacific.
Prior to us disclosing your personal information to an Overseas Recipient, we have an obligation under APP 8.1 to take reasonable steps to ensure that the Overseas Recipient does not breach the APPs in relation to your personal information, as well as an obligation under APP 6 to only disclose your personal information to an Overseas Recipient for the primary purpose for which that personal information was collected (unless an exception applies under APP 6) (the "Overseas Disclosure Obligations").
We will take all reasonable steps to satisfy our Overseas Disclosure Obligations.
www.lovethestyle.com.au may disclose personal information to an overseas recipient without complying with the APPs where the disclosure is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order. Examples of where a law or order may require or authorise disclosure of personal information to an overseas recipient are:
- www.lovethestyle.com.au disclosing personal information to the government of a foreign country under the Anti-Money Laundering and Counter-Terrorism Financing Act 2006 (Cth); or
- www.lovethestyle.com.au disclosing personal information to an overseas recipient under the Australian Federal Police Act 1979 or the Mutual Assistance in Criminal Matters Act 1987 (Cth).
If some or all of the personal information that we request is not provided to us, the main consequence is that we may not be able to fulfil your order or to deliver your products to you. Other consequences may include that we might not be able to resolve any complaint you have against www.lovethestyle.com.au.
www.lovethestyle.com.au may use or disclose personal information about you for the purpose of direct marketing if:
- www.lovethestyle.com.au collected the information from you;
- you would reasonably expect www.lovethestyle.com.au to use or disclose the information for that purpose;
- www.lovethestyle.com.au provides you with an option to 'opt-out' of receiving direct marketing communications from us, and
- you have not made such an 'opt-out' request to us.
If www.lovethestyle.com.au uses or discloses your personal information for the purpose of direct marketing, you may request not to receive direct marketing communications from us. www.lovethestyle.com.au will not charge you for making or giving effect to your data and we will stop sending direct marketing communications within a reasonable period after your request is made (usually within 5 working days from receiving your request).
You may also ask us to identify the source of the personal information. www.lovethestyle.com.au will notify you of the source, unless this is impracticable or unreasonable, which will depend on a number of factors, including:
- the consequences for you if you are not notified of the source;
- the length of time that has elapsed since the personal information was collected by us;
- the time and cost involved.
www.lovethestyle.com.au will take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify personal information it holds if it no longer needs the information for any purpose for which it may be used or disclosed under the APPs. The requirement to take reasonable steps to destroy or de-identify does not apply if personal information is contained in a Commonwealth record, or if an Australian law or a court/tribunal order requires it to be retained.
www.lovethestyle.com.au must be satisfied that a request for personal information made by the individual concerned, or by another person who is authorised to make a request on their behalf, for example, as a legal guardian or authorised agent. It would generally be extremely difficult for www.lovethestyle.com.au to deal with an anonymous request for personal information. However, it may be practicable to deal with a pseudonymous request, for example, where you have previously transacted under that pseudonym and can establish your identity as that individual. The steps required for www.lovethestyle.com.au to verify your identity will depend on the circumstances. In particular, whether you are already known to or readily identifiable by www.lovethestyle.com.au. The minimum amount of personal information needed to establish your identity will be sought. In a telephone call www.lovethestyle.com.au may request information that can be checked against records held by us, such as your date of birth or address.
Whilst every effort will be made by www.lovethestyle.com.au to provide access in a manner that is as prompt, uncomplicated and inexpensive as possible, www.lovethestyle.com.au may refuse to give you access to your personal information. There are a number of grounds upon which www.lovethestyle.com.au can refuse to give you access to your personal information. These reasons may include (without limitation):
- if www.lovethestyle.com.au reasonably believes that giving access would pose a serious threat to the life, health or safety of any individual, or to public health or public safety;
- giving access would have an unreasonable impact on the privacy of other individuals;
- the request for access is frivolous or vexatious;
- the information relates to existing or anticipated legal proceedings between you and www.lovethestyle.com.au, and would not be accessible by the process of discovery in those proceedings;
- giving access would reveal the intentions of www.lovethestyle.com.au in relation to negotiations with you in such a way as to prejudice those negotiations;
- giving access would be unlawful;
- denying access is required or authorised by or under an Australian law or a court/tribunal order;
- www.lovethestyle.com.au has reason to suspect that unlawful activity, or misconduct of a serious nature, that relates to www.lovethestyle.com.au functions or activities has been, is being or may be engaged in and giving access would be likely to prejudice the taking of appropriate action in relation to the matter;
- giving access would be likely to prejudice one or more enforcement related activities conducted by, or on behalf of, an enforcement body; or
- giving access would reveal evaluative information generated within www.lovethestyle.com.au in connection with a commercially sensitive decision making process.
An individual can complain about an alleged breach by www.lovethestyle.com.au of the APPs by sending an email to the Privacy Officer at admin@Lovethestyle.com.au setting out details of the complaint. Alternatively, the Privacy Officer can be contacted by sending a letter with details of your complaint to:
The Privacy Officer
PO Box 348
Mernda Victoria 3754
All complaints are required by the Act to be made in writing to www.lovethestyle.com.au and www.lovethestyle.com.au is then allowed a reasonable time (usually 30 days) to respond to complaints. We may ask you to participate in a dispute resolution scheme (such as mediation) in order to resolve your complaint. If you refuse to participate in any form of dispute resolution, you can take your complaint to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) by calling 1300 363 992 or logging on to the OAIC website at: http://www.oaic.gov.au/
Protecting your identity
Wherever it is practicable, we will always provide you with the option not to identify yourself when dealing with us. Alternatively, you may elect to use a pseudonym to protect your identity.
Links to other websites
This Website may contain links to websites which are owned or operated by other parties. You should make your own enquiries as to the privacy policies of these parties. We are not responsible for information on, or the privacy practices of, such websites.
Changes to this policy
How can you contact us?
Please find below our contact details. Please do not hesitate to contact us in relation to any privacy-related concerns and we will use our best endeavours to address any such concerns thoroughly and in a timely manner.
If it is practical to do so, you can contact us without identifying yourself. However, if you choose not to identify yourself, it may be more difficult for us to assist you with your enquiry. This will depend on the nature of your enquiry.
Administration - Aims Online Biz
Postal address: PO Box 348, Mernda Victoria 3754
E-mail address: email@example.com
Express consent to collection, storage, use and disclosure